Sunday, May 13, 2007

The first vernissage and the opening of the OAM



We had had our grand opening at the opening celebration of the machmit isle in Second Life.
Before the opening there were many things to do. Terraforming of the terrain of the Museum, building, concepts, descriptions and programming oft he infopoints and teleports. Arrangement of the artworks. Its the first time I am owner of a kind of galery and I had no experience with arrangements of artworks, no guideline how to direct the visitors successfully through my exhibition.
First exhibited artist of the museum is myself, or better my Avatar Lara Delgado, it is my SL name and being designer and artist in Reallife I decided to exhibit my Reallife pictures in Second Life.
It was exciting and a little bit disappointing to upload my pictures and to see the effect they make in the virtual environment of SL.
My style of painting is a kind of expressionism. Exagerating the colours of landscapes I have in my head, these pictures have got a very emotional expression. In RL they are mostly bigger than 1 meter. In Second Life I was afraid that the effect of my big paintings from RL is not transferable in the world of 3D animations. In SL everything is made with pictures, here called textures. 8textures are used to create the surface of 3D elements, to make them looking real) So I made the experience that simply transferring pics from one world in the other may not be the last step to do for someone creative.
Now the museum is existing about 2 weeks and I am a little bit tranquilized. I even sold some pictures in SL. My first client was a RL arts collector. He was also interested in the real originals, but residing in the mexican desert (I wonder that there is DSL available), the way of getting together to have a look on the originals was too complicated.

No comments: