Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Open Critics

I found a very critical opinion on this german blog about my experimental Museum.
Read here: Museumsblog
What I didn't think about was, that german Museumcurators are searching the web, for existing Museums in SL. SL becomes Hype in the ArtScene so they have to know... and to write about.

The author is a professional in the scene, who doesn't know Second life except of literature. The OpenArtMuseum is mentioned together with the Gallery of Dresden, which had new opened in Second Life. I never thought to have such famous companionship.
The confounding is the word "Museum" in the name of my Project. I have a Museum in Second Life, being an artist in my first life. So it is my first experience of having a Museum of my own. I love the experimental way of working in Second Life. Everything is possible, but be aware it is never without relationship to first life.
Even when this response isn't as friendly as I hoped, I can say that the promotional concept of tthe Museum is working with success.
About the pictures in the current exhibition: they are mentioned as "remembering paintings of known artists". Be assured these paintings are digital copies of my own original paintings. As artist I work free and experimental and I am surely not a copist. But I am little bit pleased to see what impression my work makes even on screenshots.

No comments: